We've assembled this Q&A list to give our guests a glimpse into the Sunday morning worship experience with Community of Faith. Our hope is that you'll feel welcomed and at home with us.
Where is the worship service located?
Our Celebration Services take place at Thomas Edison School in Brighton. Parking is located in the rear of the building, and the entrance is right off the parking lot.
How long does it last?
The service starts at 10:30 am and finishes at around 12:00 pm.
Where can I park?
There is free parking in the lot behind the Edison School, accessed from Glenmont Road.
What happens during the worship service?
A typical service includes the following components:
- Worship - Typically this includes a mix of both contemporary music and hymns where individuals are encouraged to worship in whatever way they feel most comfortable and led by the Spirit.
- Announcements and Greeting - This is a time to meet some of our members and learn about some of the events going on in our community.
- Offertory - As a guest, we simply encourage you to fill out a Connection Card and put it in the basket as it goes by. Members and regular attendees are invited to worship God by giving their tithes and offerings, either in the basket or through our online giving option.
- Sermon - A message relating directly to growing in your relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Ministry and Response Time - This is a time to reflect on the message and pray.
Is childcare provided?
Children are a valuable part of the church! During our services, we have dynamic and fun classes for infants through fifth graders. Our goal is to see your kids equipped and strengthened to change the world! Learn more here.
Will I be asked to give money?
The offering time is for people who call Community of Faith their church home and want to give toward its work in the community and daily operating costs. We don't ask our guests to give money, but we will ask you to fill out a Connection Card to help us get to know you and to keep a record of your visit with us.
Our church has an ‘open-book’ policy regarding finances, and we're happy to answer questions about how we make decisions regarding ministry and finances.
What should I wear?
We have no dress code for the Celebration Service. Most people dress casually and comfortably. Please feel free to wear whatever you feel most comfortable in for worship.
What is a FaithGroup?
A FaithGroup is a small group that meets regularly in homes for the purpose of building deep friendships and growing in Christian faith and practice. FaithGroup is a safe place to find community, to ask questions and to learn together how best to follow Jesus Christ.
I don't consider myself a Christian. Am I still welcome?
Of course! We welcome everyone to join us for worship!
How can I learn more about Community of Faith Christian Fellowship?
Well, besides an in-person visit on a Sunday, you can email our staff by clicking here.